It was the crucial time when KCR, the Chief Minister of Telangana, has taken the reigns of the state government into his hand. A newly emerged state, for obvious reasons needs a good leadership to resolve many palpable and unknown problems. The Telangana people could not find a better option than the KCR led TRS government. Tuesday (September 9, 2014) turns to be the 100th day of KCR’s government.
Despite the fact that the opposition parties raise their concerns and claim that the government has hardly done anything in these 100 days, it is a fact that nobody for that matter could have given better governance than what KCR has done in these 100days. Yes, KCR, a dab hand leader of management is going in a right way. It’s not better to take the hastened up decisions and repent thereafter. The wisdom of a leader lies in executing the things only after a necessary planning and after working out the pros and cons associated with the issues.
KCR was widely criticised by the opposition parties for his Intensive Household Survey undertaken on August 19, 2014. It has given the first fruit in the form of finding out the bogus ration cards which are more than 10L in number. It is always the person who initiates something that knows what would be the outcome.
There is no doubt that there is a slight delay in executing such crucial issues like crop loan waiver. But, if we have a deep look into the issue, the issue has taken many turns and the government is not dealing this particular issue alone. Various external agencies like banks and RBI are also the stakeholders. So, the delay has been obvious.
Let’s have a look on the major issues undertaken by KCR in these 100 days:
· Celebrating Independence Day at Golconda
· Conducting prestigious Intensive Household Survey
· Inaugurating the distribution of 3acres land to Dalits on Independence Day
· Setting up Task Force Committee for Budget finalisation
· Decision about Telangana Water Grid
· Offering input subsidy to farmers
· A vital decision on crop loan waiver
· A vital decision on Regularization of contract employees
· Tax waiver to auto rickshaws and transports utilised in agriculture
· Quota for BCs/SCs/STs in market committees
· Loan waiver for weavers
· Proposal of 3% reservation for Christians
· Allocation of RS 1000cr for minority corporation
· Holding PV Narasima Rao’s birth anniversary celebrations officially
· Renaming the Agricultural university after Prof Jayashankar
· A special increment for the Telangana government employees
· Cash award for Everest trekking team
· Cash awards for the International Players from state
· New Innova vehicles for police commssionerates
· Ordering of CID probe for housing scam
· A committee has been set up for the implementation of 12% reservation to Muslims
· A proposal letter to the centre seeking Bharat Ratna for PV NArasimha Rao
· Setting up of land bank within 5L acres lands
· A chalked out plan for 2800MW power generation by next year
· Setting up of TSPSC
An elected government gets 5 years time to implement what has been promised by the government during the election campaigning. So, it is not fair to judge any government as poor or greatly within a short span of time. Nevertheless, if the moves alone towards the progression are concerned, indubitably KCR’s government is doing a better job. Let’s wish the TS government led by KCR to maintain the same spirit and achieve Golden Telangana, the wish of every Telanganite!!